What does it take to be a successful cake decorator?

EQ: What is most important in making profit as a Cake Decorator in today's economy?

Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Content:
LIA Response to blog:
    Literal
La Puente Bakery & Deli 

13734 Amar Road

La Puente, CA 91744
(626) 961-4545

Mentor: Ismael Cervantes

    Interpretive
     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
The most important thing I gained from this experience,was that there is a broad range of things that pertain to cake decorating and that it is not just about the decorating skills. This is most important because it helped me expand on my answers and it helped me check and see if what I had researched in fact applied to the market in today;'s economy.

   Applied
     How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  
What i have done has helped answer my EQ by providing primary research to support a couple of my answers. I tested a couple of my answers with my mentorship, by applying and comparing what my research said to what I was actually doing throughout my experience. For example one of my answers applies to what drives customer demand and I tested that a few times by working the cash register and observing what items sold and identifying why they did. Another one of my answers was tested  by my independent component 1 in which I did extra mentorship hours and I compared the themed cupcakes with the plain cupcakes and I got to identify what was the target market for each product. What I found was that the Christmas themed cupcakes were mainly aimed to a younger customer as opposed to the plain cupcakes that were more affordable and made for adults to consume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment