What does it take to be a successful cake decorator?

EQ: What is most important in making profit as a Cake Decorator in today's economy?

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

Content: 

LITERAL
(a) Statement saying: “I, Luz Cervantes , affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component


  • "How to Prepare Your Business Plan." United Nations. United Nations, 2002. Web. 20 Feb. 2014.

(c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours).   Post it next to your mentorship log.
(d) Explanation of what you completed.  

What I did for independent component two was test out a possible answer for my Essential Question. The answer and main focus was on making a business plan as shown below. I made it 13 pages and followed the regulations for a business plan in the United Nations. I had to research all of the information included as well as asked my mentor for further information on the business.
INTERPRETIVE  
Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  









APPLIED
How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped. 

This component helped me answer my EQ because it taught me that a Business plan is essential to make profit in this economy.  It's mainly more about the work and research that is put into it that's makes your Business successful. It showed me that the target marketing section is very important and it proved that it's a good answer for my EQ. As well as the marketing strategy section led me to my 4th answer which is "cake decorators should design a marketing strategy that will help create a positive demand in order to make profit in today's economy."

No comments:

Post a Comment